Re: packages tasksel expects to find in woody, that arn't there

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 10:15:06PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Tasksel expects to find a bunch of packages in woody that arn't there.
> This is not often a big deal; the missing packages will be silently
> skipped. That can sorta suck if it is one of the core packages in the
> task though.
>
> Of particular note is the missing KDE metapackage, which means
> that new woody installs do not get KDE at all, although tasksel claims
> to let you pick it as part of the desktop task. Someone needs to begin
> maintaining that package, fix its dependancy problems, and get it into
> woody posthaste.
>
> No cxterm-gb!
> No cxterm-big5!
>
> 	update-excuses hates it. If anyone cares about cxterm, someone
> 	needs to figure out why it has all these unsatisfiable Depends.

Are tasks supposed to have non-free packages in them? Although I suppose
there may not be any alternative in this case.

The only reason for the unsatisfiable dependencies is that cxterm-common
is not in woody at all. As soon as it's built on all architectures, this
will go away - but since it's non-free it'll have to be done manually.
Help from buildd operators would be appreciated.

     * cxterm (- to 5.1p1-7.2)
          + out of date on alpha: cxterm-common (from 5.1p1-7.1)
          + out of date on arm: cxterm-common (from 5.1p1-4)
          + out of date on ia64: cxterm-common (from 5.1p1-7.1)
          + out of date on m68k: cxterm-common (from 5.1p1-7)
          + out of date on powerpc: cxterm-common (from 5.1p1-7)
          + out of date on s390: cxterm-common (from 5.1p1-7.1)
          + out of date on sparc: cxterm-common (from 5.1p1-4)