Re: Proposal to help Debian release on time

On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 04:12:27PM +0100, David N. Welton wrote:
> Jeroen Dekkers <jeroen@dekkers.cx> writes:
>
> > Yes, we should stop wasting the time of the people subscribed to
> > this list. We could move the discussion somewhere else, however. We
> > might have to create a new list for it, looking at the current
> > mailinglists it's at least partially offtopic on the other lists. Of
> > course the chance is high that I overlook some list with this
> > purpose.
>
> debian-project is for discussion ideas that will never be implemented
> because of (pick one) 1) lack of people to actually implement/code

I know that at least somebody who is already working on some code of
an idea regarding the different ports in Debian. I also want to do
some work if necessary and I might convince other people to volunteer.

> 2) debian's ossified beaurocracy.

I've got a fire-resistant suit so flames shouldn't be a problems. :)

> Please post all useless ideas to that list;-)

I'll subscribe. Thank you for pointing me to this list. BTW, is that
the list policy or are useful ideas also allowed? :))

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org
Debian GNU supporter - http://www.debian.org http://www.gnu.org