Re: Incomplete build depends on binary-all packages

Brian May <bam@debian.org> writes:

> The arguement seems to be in this case that:
> - few people would rarely want to manually compile this package.
> - some of these would already have the required packages installed.
> => few people would notice the bug.
> => it wouldn't affect Debians reputation.

Fine, but that requires a change in our release methodology.
Currently we claim that an "all" package is really reliably
everywhere.  If we are going to change that (and I'm agnostic about
whether we should) we should do it explicitly and not "just this
once".