Re: More problems with Debian and list SPAM

Nathan E Norman wrote:
> However, the real answer lies in my first paragraph.  We need a scheme
> to keep spam off the lists.  I think unknown poster moderation would
> work well; though of course then you need moderators.  I'll regret
> saying it but I could help out, for a few lists anyway.  The other
> moderation issue is "what indicates a known poster"; someone else
> suggested the known poster list should be the union of subscribed
> addresses for all debian lists.

Be informed that spamfilter and spamassessin (sp?) are already running.
Since there's still a certain amount of spam going through, these
tools are still only helpers to *reduce* spam, not to kill all spam.

Sorry,

	Joey

--
If you come from outside of Finland, you live in wrong country.
	-- motd of irc.funet.fi