Re: More problems with Debian and list SPAM

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 09:56:53AM -0600, Nathan E Norman wrote:

> However, the real answer lies in my first paragraph.  We need a scheme
> to keep spam off the lists.  I think unknown poster moderation would
> work well; though of course then you need moderators.  I'll regret
> saying it but I could help out, for a few lists anyway.

I've publicly volunteered once before, and I don't hesitate to repeat my
offer to help with hand-processing of unconfirmed posts.  I'm such a
list junkie anyways that a little more isn't going to hurt me.

> The other moderation issue is "what indicates a known poster"; someone
> else suggested the known poster list should be the union of subscribed
> addresses for all debian lists.

Having an overly-broad list of senders who're allowed in without
hand-processing isn't going to hurt us.  Anything is an improvement over
what we have now.

I favor automatic approval for all subscribers on all lists, plus all
PGP-signed messages.

Question is, who has code that does this?

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer