Re: Help with dpkg AIX port

> program, but it seams to be such a Linux hack so I'm not even sure it is
> worth trying to port it. Does anyone have any suggestions of trying it out
> without root access? Have anyone even tried to port fakeroot to another

Actually, it works under solaris 7 and before as well; last I tried,
on Solaris 8 it got bit by the 32bit/64bit split and the lack of a
distinct LD_PRELOAD variable for each (though there *are* distinct
LD_LIBRARY_PATHs) and I've heard hints that it works there now as
well.  Does AIX have LD_PRELOAD? (from what I remember of AIX, the
answer is probably "no, but there's this subtly different way to
accomplish an almost related thing over here...")

I see that Electric Fence is documented as working under AIX; that may
be static-link only, but you could take a look there anyway, it might work...