Re: Hoping to become a developer soon. Looking for sponsor

On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 08:04:34PM -0700, Patrick Klee wrote:
> Hi,
>     I am Patrick Klee.  I have done everything on the checklist for becoming
> a Debian developer.  I need my key signed and a sponsor, and I think I am
> ready, so who do I ask?  I have a key made that is 768 bytes and never
> expires.  I also, live in Wichita, Kansas.  Hopefully my friend Jon Hall is
> on this list, because I have been pressuring him to sign my key cause he
> lives in my area.  :D

According to db.debian.org, there are three other DDs in Kansas
(Lawrence, Olathe, Overland Park).  If you need to get ahold of someone
else to sign a key, I can give you the emails of the others to try to
get in touch with.

If you are looking for a sponsor for a package upload, the standard
recommendation is to ask on debian-mentors and tell a bit about what
package you're working on (since most DDs aren't going to jump up to
sponsor something they know nothing about).

Steve langasek
postmodern programmer