Re: SPAM vs. open list

On Sun, 2002-02-10 at 01:52, Ean Schuessler wrote:
> Its a ridiculous situation.
> So, yes! Please! Lets do something about SPAM on the lists.
>
> (At the very least we could write a script that sends non-subscribers
> back a usage agreement and holds their mail until they send back an
> affirmation to our usage policy. This would help us from a legal
> perspective as well.)

I think I will just repeat my previous message on this subject again, as
nobody seems to have noticed or cared much for it. :(

As far as I can imagine this is really a good solution for preventing
spam. Unfortuneately I haven't had the time to look at it myself, but it
strikes me as being A Good Thing.

--
Lars Bahner,
http://lars.bahner.com/

Nihil est sine ratione cur potius sit, quam non sit.