Re: Gettext sans emacsen-common (Was: Debian as a CORBA component)

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 10:54:02PM -0500, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 02:20:06PM +1100, Paul Hampson <Paul.Hampson@anu.edu.au> was heard to say:
> > On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 04:27:42PM -0500, Daniel Burrows wrote:

> > But with the package in the 'mostly-screwed' state, it won't
> > let you remove it, so surely it won't let you upgrade over
> > it? (Or am I assuming too much?)
>
>   IIRC, the error is in the prerm; if the prerm of the old version fails
> during an upgrade, the prerm of the new version is tried.

Same error's in the postinst, which is where I hit it. (on
-2, BTW) -2 is where the emacsen-common dependancy was added,
but -1 is where the error appeared. Adding the dependancy was
to fix this problem...

Depending on how -3 fixes the problem, the new package's
script may or may not be more successful than the old package's.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.

use, duplication and distribution.