Re: Gettext sans emacsen-common (Was: Debian as a CORBA component)

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 02:20:06PM +1100, Paul Hampson <Paul.Hampson@anu.edu.au> was heard to say:
> On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 04:27:42PM -0500, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> >  (incidentally, please fix your mailer; this came out as a reply to
> >   the CORBA thread)
>
> As was the message I replied to. And your response.
> Nonetheless, I have appropriatised the subject.

  Sorry, that was directed at the earlier poster.  (and I meant to
retitle my reply, really :) )

> But with the package in the 'mostly-screwed' state, it won't
> let you remove it, so surely it won't let you upgrade over
> it? (Or am I assuming too much?)

  IIRC, the error is in the prerm; if the prerm of the old version fails
during an upgrade, the prerm of the new version is tried.

  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> -----------------\
|                     All generalizations are dangerous.                      |