Re: Debian Organization

Le Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 12:42:13AM -0600, Adam Rogoyski écrivait:
>    If you look at the problems with our releases, I don't think you would
> come to the conclusion that the size of Debian is the problem.  There are
> large logistics problems to be overcome in making a release,
> infrastructure to be developed that the majority of us do not participate
> in, and critical bugs in fundamental parts of the operating system that
> take time to verify, fix, or work around.  The number of packages that
> are available seems to not have a major effect.

Exactly, I agree with that. The size isn't our problem, the size is only
the factor that let us discover our real problem : the infrastructure
not adapted. We have still many things to do until we have an
infrastructure really adapted to let everyone (even people outside of
debian) contribute and to let several people co-maintain packages.

However we're going towards that direction :
- look at the Package Tracking System (PTS) I implemented (with the help
  of Anthony Towns for the BTS modification)
- look how Anthony is trying to demistify the NMUs

I'm also going to continue to work in that direction. I already have
some projects in mind. They'll be known in due time.

Cheers,