Netscape and clicking

I want to ask this question and get some input before I even
consider filling a bug.

I have a netscape install (from the tarball on the netscape site
from a while ago). It refuses to let me use plugins with it <shrugs>

If i install netscape with apt-get, the netscape installs,
runs, loads the plugins perfectly, BUT: It does not let me click on links.
I am essentially stuck on the one page.

Now, has anyone else had said problem, or failing that, any
X Window gurus have any pointers where I would start debugging
the problem? (I want a new netscape..)

--
Peter 'darkewolf' Crystal