Re: Trying to fix slang

Phil Blundell <pb@nexus.co.uk> cum veritate scripsit:

> I'm not suggesting that the character set should be somehow encoded into
> the value of $TERM.  Rather, I think that an xterm in UTF-8 mode and an
> xterm in iso-8859-1 or whatever mode are simply different types of
> terminal, and they should have different names.

Note that language-env package seems to craft up a
.bashrc which sets the LC_ALL and LANG variable
according to the terminal type.

LC_ALL=ja_JP.eucJP
will only be set when terminal is kterm etc., and
LC_ALL=C

I don't know if it checks for UTF-8 capabilities and sets it,
and I don't know if it is actually the ideal way to go forward.
Tomohiro, comments ?

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4