Re: It's Huntin' Season

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 09:54:32AM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Malcolm Parsons <malcolm@ivywell.screaming.net> [20020129 19:48]:
> > Anyone object to me filing serious bugs against the 200 or so packages
> > on this page?
> > http://lintian.debian.org/reports/Tfile-in-etc-not-marked-as-conffile.html
> I object.

Rather than a knee jerk objection, how about a patch to fix the problems
you're concerned about?

> First of all, these lintians reports are not up to date so
> packages might have been fixed in the meantime.  Secondaly, iirc the
> lintian reports were made against testing so packages might be fixed
> already in sid.

For example, the lintian reports include the version number of the
package. It's a straightforward matter to check whether this matches
the current version of the package, or not.

For example:

	ssh master
		cd /org/lintian.debian.org/laboratory/source
		for a in *; do (cd $a && echo ${a}_*.tar.gz) | head -1; done |
			sed 's/\.\(orig\.\)\?tar\.gz$//' |
			tr '_' ' '  >~/lintianvers.txt

Putting blocks in the way of improving Debian is the exact *opposite*
of what we're all here for.

Cheers,
aj

The daffodils are coming. Are you?
      linux.conf.au, February 2002, Brisbane, Australia
                                --- http://linux.conf.au/