Re: Retiring from Debian

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Christian Kesselheim wrote:
> advocat for me, i would be deeply grateful :-). I already did some
> patches to fix some of the major bugs, but with gv still in hand of the
> debian qa group, i've no chance to commit them into upstream.

Wrong. You can submit the patches to the BTS, tag them as "patch" and this
will improve the chances of the patches going there sooner. I actually urge
you to do so.

Once can actually do the entire maintainership of a package (this includes
using the BTS fully) but for the upload to the Debian archive WITHOUT being
a registered developer.  Previous work done like this will enhance your
changes of finding a sponsor and avocate fast.

  Henrique Holschuh