Re: Spam (Re: Urgent Investment)

Jérôme Marant wrote:

> Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:
>
> > >   ... unless you find a mailing list manager that can associate many email
> > >   addresses to a single user. Because, the reason why it is open currently
> > >   is that one can subscribe with a given address, the one which receives
> > >   mails, but can write with many others though.
> > >
> > >   PS:I would like to see this feature in Sympa I do maintain.
> >
> > There are ways to do this...for example, the some lists maintain two mailing
> > lists, X and X-post.  Only addresses subscribed to X actually receive list
> > traffic, but any address subscribed to either X or X-post can post.  So
> > users who post with multiple addresses can subscribe them to X-post only.
>
>   This is a possible solution but we would have to double all our lists.
>   A single list solution would be better if possible.

A similar system was proposed recently by Antonio Castro in the
debian-user-spanish list, by using only one extra authorization list.
That list only allows administrative requests
(subscription-unsubscription) and every normal message is either
redirected to /dev/null or replied with a message explaining what sort
of list it is. It does not deliver any mail to subscribers.

All other lists are configured to allow submission from their own
subscriber list and from the authorization list. That way everybody
subscribed to the authorization list can post to any debian list, but
will receive debian mail only from the lists he subscribed. If a person
not in any list or in the authorization list sends a message, he
receives a reply with the way the system works and the need to subscribe
that address at least to the authorization list. The global file with
allowed senders can even made from the whole list of subscribers to the
debian lists and the subscribers to the authorization list.

That way any subscriber to any debian list can post to any other list,
and only needs to use a new subscription to the authorization list if
using more that one adress.

Agustín Martín Domingo, Dpto. de Física, ETS Arquitectura Madrid,
(U. Politécnica de Madrid)  tel: +34 91-336-6536, Fax: +34 91-336-6554,
email:agmartin@aq.upm.es, http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~agmartin/welcome.html