Re: Spam (Re: Urgent Investment)

>   ... unless you find a mailing list manager that can associate many email
>   addresses to a single user. Because, the reason why it is open currently
>   is that one can subscribe with a given address, the one which receives
>   mails, but can write with many others though.

This doesn't help on the valid-outside-postings issue.
There are lot's of valid postings from non-Debian non-subscribers to the
list (especially to security@debian.org you really won't want to lose
such mails ;)
Of course one could add moderation for non-subscriber postings.
But i think the inconvenience for this is much higher than for deleting
the spam - i usually recoginize Spam by it's topic and just press delete

So I can live with these 10 or maybe 20 Spam messages i do get.
That's better than not being able to post, or delayed postings, when
sending a mail from another mail account.

BTW: Spammers targeting mailing lists will soon learn to grab email
adresses from list archives and abuse these for sending...

Greetings,
Erich