Re: debian on distrowatch

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 02:06:06AM -0500, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> was heard to say:
> Scott Henson wrote:
> > Ok ok.  Here is my $0.02.  What we are talking about here is tasksel.
> > This is the simple package selection utility offered to a user at
> > install time.  The thing is that if you install taks "X window system"
> > you get Window Maker as your window manager.  But, on the other hand, if
> > you install task "desktop environment" you get Gnome.
>
> Actually, that gives you gnome and kde both, with the option to choose
> which environment to start up in gdm. At least that's what I'm told, I've
> never tried gdm.

  I don't see how this could be the case for potato, given that we
didn't distribute kde with potato... (but in sid at least, kde is in the
"desktop" task)

  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> -----------------\
|            Whoever created the human body left in a fairly basic            |