Re: debian on distrowatch

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 11:12:14AM +0800, Ladislav Bodnar wrote:
> On Sunday 27 January 2002 05:13, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > on Distrowatch there are 2 Distreibutions labeled as "Free". For Debian you
> > name a price of $10. This looks wrong to me.
>
> OK, I will change that. The idea was to compare prices for those visitors who
> are interested in buying official "boxed" products. Debian does not seem to
> have one

the closest thing to ``official'' that we have is an ISO on an FTP site
(or rsync site). if your ISO matches that one, then you can sell it as
Official. otherwise, you don't get to say Official. we do not ourselves
directly sell any CD's. unless perhaps you corner one of us at a trade
show . . .

> What I am looking for here is more like a central management or
> decision-making authority.

that would be the members of Debian, who agree to everything by vote.
the voting body is international is scope and scale.

> What I am referring to here is this: What happens if you do not select
> any desktop, what will you end up with?

Window Maker is the default window manager if you install X. if you have
to call it a desktop, i suppose you could call it GNUstep.

-john