Re: Potato to Woody dist-upgrade problems

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 10:30:25AM +0100, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> "apt-get dist-upgrade" is only for power-users who can fix these
> errors themself, Joe User should use dselect.

Hmm, perhaps Joe User should use aptitude? I know aptitude did not make
it into base, but how about a note during installation pointing towards
its existence, like "If you encounter problems with dselect, try
'apt-get install aptitude && aptitude on the command-line' or similar?

I have not installed Debian for a long time, so I don't know what
percentage of user will use dselect (You can choose/refuse to run in,
IIRC?)

my 0.02 cent,

Michael