Re: VIM features

In article <[🔎] 20020121095147.GA15993@zewt.org>,
Glenn Maynard  <g_deb@zewt.org> wrote:
>I do think it should default to its more useful features being enabled.
>People can disable them as easily as they can enable them.  It's easy to
>not notice them, and it's annoying that people used to lesser editors seem
>to rally to keep them disabled by default.

The only thing that annoys me endlessly is autoindent and filetype-plugin.
The first means that cut&paste simply never works in vim. It should
be off by default. The second means that vim is getting smart with
comments for example - again messing up cut cut&paste.

That's my major gripe, I can't cut&paste under X with vim as it is
installed by default now.

Mike.