Re: VIM features

Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl> wrote:
> The only thing that annoys me endlessly is autoindent and filetype-plugin.
> The first means that cut&paste simply never works in vim. It should
> be off by default. The second means that vim is getting smart with
> comments for example - again messing up cut cut&paste.

Possibly not helpful (or maybe redundant), but I have a line in my
.vimrc that looks like:

map <F4> :set paste!<C-M>:set paste?<C-M>

So when I'm pasting text, I hit <F4> beforehand, and again afterwards.
--
Sam "Eddie" Couter  |  mailto:sam@topic.com.au     |  I need a short and
Internet Engineer   |  jabber:eddiesam@jabber.org  |  clever comment for