Re: VIM features

Wichert Akkerman declaimed:
> Previously Paul Mackinney wrote:
> > What would be helpful is a README.Debian file in /usr/doc/vim that
> > alerts the user to the existence of /etc/vim/vimrc and its nice set of
> > potential customizations.  I had overlooked the vim stuff in /etc, but I
> > have learned to check the /usr/doc directory.
> Feel free to write one :)
> Wichet.

What I was thinking of is this simple, proposed pathname

Administrators are encouraged to review the default configuration files
/etc/vim/gvimrc and /etc/vim/vimrc.

These contain useful examples and instructions for globally enabling
some of Vim's non-vi features such as syntax highlighting and automatic

HTH, Paul
Paul Mackinney       |   Another look at Sept 11
paul@mackinney.net   |   http://www.copvcia.com/