Re: Should I rename scalable-cyrfonts?

On 15.I.2002 at 13:37 Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> Anton Zinoviev <anton@lml.bas.bg> cum veritate scripsit:
>
> > The big problem of this packaga is that it is not built from one
> > upstream source, but I can not split it because this will cause big code
> > duplication in the source packages.  I use my software for reencoding
> > Type1 fonts and installing them for TeX in the source package, but I
> > can't package it as separate package because it is not generic enough.
>
> Would that be a nice addition to defoma at some point?

I use fontinst.  This is the best program for installing fonts in TeX,
however it is written in TeX and TeX often says to me: "I am out of
memory. You need a wizard to enlarge me".  It is also very slow -- my
package compiles about 30 mins on 500 MHz K6-2+.  Imagine now that these
30 minutes are during installation of the package, because this is the
case when defoma is used.

I have some plans to rewrite fontinst in some scripting language.  If I
realize them, this will give a TeX instalator to defoma.

Anton Zinoviev