Re: Should I rename scalable-cyrfonts?

On 12.I.2002 at 02:12 Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 08:26:00PM +0200, Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> > I'am the maintainer of the package scalable-cyrfonts.  It's purpose was
> > to contain all free scalable Cyrillic fonts I know about.  However
> > recently the upstream of most of these fonts has added many non-Cyrillic
> > letters to them.  Now they cover also ISO 8859-1,2,15 and will be some
> > of the best scalable Unicode fonts in Debian.
>
> > scalable-cyrfonts     ->  scalable-fonts
>
> This sounds too generic.

Yes.

> > scalable-cyrfonts-x11 ->  scalable-fonts-x11
>
> This one should be xfonts-scalable-cyrillic or something like that.

Ok.  For now I won't rename the packages, but when the renaming-time
comes I will follow your suggestion.  For now I will use the description
of the package to mention that fonts in it cover not only Cyrillic.

The big problem of this packaga is that it is not built from one
upstream source, but I can not split it because this will cause big code
duplication in the source packages.  I use my software for reencoding
Type1 fonts and installing them for TeX in the source package, but I
can't package it as separate package because it is not generic enough.

> > However scalable-cyrfonts-x11 is a task-package, and its renaming will
> > force corresponding change in tasksel.
>
> How's that?

I mean that if you select the task `Cyrillic' in tasksel, it will
install scalable-cyrfonts-x11.

Anton Zinoviev