Re: Will woody ever become stable?

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 11:27:09AM +0000, Phil Blundell wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-01-16 at 11:23, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > armagetron is in the task "games".
> >
> > In our current freeze model packages that are in tasks are handled with
> > the same priority as standard packages are.

> Well, maybe we should just be more aggressive about dropping buggy
> packages from tasks in cases like this.

This seems a reasonable policy.  I believe 'junkbuster' would be a
candidate for this, given that the maintainer does not seem to be
actively maintaining it, and that I've never missed it when connected
over a dialup.

I may pick junkbuster up if it needs a new maintainer, but I don't think
this package is significant enough (or at least not mature enough) to
hold up the freeze.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer