Re: Will woody ever become stable?

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 09:53:45PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 07:31:04PM -0600, Colin Watson wrote:
> > To try to contribute something myself, looking at base, we have:
>
> How about a review of what's in base and standard?

Like {base,standard}.debian.net, where I got the list, I was playing
slightly fast and loose with the definitions. The packages I list in
base are really those that come from a source package that generates
some binary packages in base, which is slightly different.

"Standard" is the same, and is also short for "standard and packages
part of tasks" here. Hence some of the packages you were surprised at
being part of standard - they're actually just among the things that
tasksel can offer to install.