Re: Question before buying GNU Debian

I run nVidia hardware on my Debian install.  Debian stable (potato) has
older XFree86 packages; they should support unaccelerated TNT2's fine
tho (someone correct me on this if I'm wrong).

If you want full acceleration, you'll need to upgrade to XFree86 4.1
after installing Debian (or get your hands on Woody/Sid CD's, which are
experimental/unstable but more up to date versions of Debian; you can
also find Potato versions of XFree86 4.1 fairly easily), and then
install the nVidia drivers from the nVidia website.

If you want to support Debian, many vendors allow you to make
contributions with purchases of Debian CD's.