Re: Question before buying GNU Debian

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 09:57:59PM +0100, Christian Banik wrote:

> I would like to install GNU Debian Linux on my computer, actually my PC is
> running with SuSE Linux 7.3. My question: I have a 32 MB NVIDIA Riva TNT 2
> Modell 64 / Modell 64 PRO Graphic Card, which is full supported by SuSE
> Linux. Is this hardware supportet by Debian too? I don't know if this is
> the right adress to ask for it, but I don't find a hardwaresupport side on
> Your homepage. You wrote on Your homepage that you don't make any profit

The current stable release of Debian (2.2) includes XFree86 3.3.6.
According to the xfree86 website:

http://www.xfree86.org/3.3.6/NVIDIA1.html#1

Your card is supported.

> selling CD packages. So it isn't possible to support the (original Linux)
> GNU Debian project by buying a CD package? I'm a Student and have not so
> much money but if it would help You I would buy one!  Many thanks for Your
> efforts, and the best for Your future!

If you want to support the Debian project, purchase a CD set from a vendor
who specifically advertises that they will donate funds to Debian.

See:

http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/

for a list of CD vendors.  Some vendors will sell two versions of the CD,
one (for a very small price) which is simply the Official CD set, and
another, for a somewhat larger price, where the difference is donated to
Debian.

--
 - mdz