Re: stat vs stat64 - ugly problem

Previously David N. Welton wrote:
> Right, so how do we fix this?  It is our problem, in that we need to
> make the software we distribute work together.  But are you also
> saying that upstream shouldn't be setting that bit in their header
> file?

As long as the API (and ABI) never exports things like struct stat and
offset_t (ie things that are affected by enabling LFS) it should not
matter if you link things that are compiled with LFS with things that
are not.

However that define should never be in a header file, especially
not one that other applications can use. Doing that should warrant
a hefty bugreport.

Wichert.

 /wichert@wiggy.net         This space intentionally left occupied \
| wichert@deephackmode.org            http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |