Re: stat vs stat64 - ugly problem

Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net> writes:

> > The Problem here is, that some header files define the LFS. This
> > should not be done.

> Indeed, doing that is broken behaviour.

Grepping about on my system, I see that mysql does it too, in
my_config.h:

#define _FILE_OFFSET_BITS 64

> > One good Idea would be to include the define in stat.h :)

> No way, that would break lots of things.

Right, so how do we fix this?  It is our problem, in that we need to
make the software we distribute work together.  But are you also
saying that upstream shouldn't be setting that bit in their header
file?

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/