Re: [Debian account] I request your attention

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 01:24:27PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > To repeat: if you see something you don't like in Debian, or see something
> > > you think can be done better, *that* is how you fix it. That's what it
> > > means to be a volunteer.
> > This is true as long as nobody stands in the way.  You can't become a DAM
> > by just volunteering, you need to be appointed.  For this there is the demand
> > that you "demonstrate" that you qualify.
>
> Nobody has even *tried*. Not even remotely.

It's probably because being a DAM means you have to be an admin (right?),
and I that's a group most people are rightfully too afraid of, since
admin'ing all of those machines is one hell of a job.

I won't elaborate on any more reasons -admin is unpopular... ;)