Re: [Debian account] I request your attention

On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 07:32:00PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> I've not volunteered to do any "job". At the moment, I'm maintaining a
> bunch of packages, and trying to coordinate the release, and various other
> Debian related things. Tomorrow I might not be. I'm not going to promise
> to spend the rest of my life doing this; I'm not even going to promise
> I'm going to spend the rest of the week doing this. I'm not even going to
> offer you a week or even a day's notice of when I get sick of this. If I
> get fed up with Debian gradually, I'm not even going to promise you zero
> day's notice: it may well take a month or more's inactivity before I even
> realise I'm fed up with Debian and that you can all go screw yourselves.

Indeed, this perspective does indeed appear to be a popular one:

abiword (0.7.13-0.3) unstable; urgency=low
  * Non-maintainer upload.
  * Run libtoolize to get support for new architectures.  Closes: #103347

 -- LaMont Jones <lamont@debian.org>  Mon,  9 Jul 2001 21:39:34 -0600

abiword (0.7.13-0.2) unstable; urgency=low
  * NMU
  * rm debian/files in clean target so it really can be autobuilt (Closes: #86729)
  * Point to standard Debian GPL file in copyright.
  * Switch back to expat, since now we can use the shared library version, and expat appears smaller and faster.

 -- Aaron Lehmann <aaronl@vitelus.com>  Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:50:44 -0800

abiword (0.7.13-0.1) unstable; urgency=low
  * NMU
  * New upstream version
  * Fix binary{-arch} targets in debian/rules so that autobuilders are not confused
  * Use libxml2 library instead of built-in expat sources
  * Determine version number from the changelog; don't hardcode it in the rules file

 -- Aaron Lehmann <aaronl@vitelus.com>  Sun, 18 Feb 2001 15:41:53 -0800

abiword (0.7.12-0.1) unstable; urgency=low
  * NMU to bring back into testing
  * New upstream version (Closes: #80211, #83133, #74882, #61581, #85444, #85569)
  * Moving back into one package. Sorry about this, folks. (Closes: #79202)
  * Add Build-dependencies (Closes: #70060)
  * Fix typos (Closes: #81239)
  * Reintroduce menu item (Closes: #79055)

 -- Aaron Lehmann <aaronl@vitelus.com>  Sun, 11 Feb 2001 19:54:06 -0800

abiword (0.7.8-2) unstable; urgency=low

  * added icon to menu entry (closes #58663)
  * added a patch for the arm (closes #59096, forwarded)
  * added a patch for "spaces in filenames" (close #57382)
  * updated the man page

 -- Darren Benham <gecko@debian.org>  Wed, 22 Mar 2000 22:15:26 -0800

Current upstream version?  0.9.0.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Human beings rarely imagine a god
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     that behaves any better than a