Re: [Debian account] I request your attention

If you once again, send your reply first private to me and then to the
list, without sending me any note or making a statement about this in
your list post, I want respond anymore.

On 01-08-01 paul cannon wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 08:40:42PM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:
> > On 01-08-01 Eray Ozkural wrote:
> > > it is almost impossible for me to conduct my contributions to
> > > debian. I already maintain several packages and plan to do more
> > > work in the future (which you can see on wnpp) and I demand
> > > recognition of my contributions as
> >
> > Hm, you demand something from volunteers for contributions that you
> > also did voluntarily? Sorry, but please get real. You can't demand
> > anything from a volunteer and everyone in debian is a volunteer.
>
> No, one can't demand anything from a typical volunteer, but Eray's
> expectations seem valid. As has been noted[*], there have been

Oh, what's the difference between a typical volunteer and a not typical
volunteer? So, where's the small border that can be crossed here and
normally not? Voluntary work is always voluntary and there's no
exception in my opinion.

> developers ought to be able to expect a certain level of fairness and
> openness. In fact, all of you developers agreed at some point to the

But also are expected to contact the appropriate people before
complaining loudly on -devel. Eray didn't mention the NM frontdesk
anywhere and you are also quietly ignoring this. If your or any other AM
is not responding to your mails and you're still a NM, then you should
contact first the Frontdesk, because they maybe have more information
what happened to the AM or maybe able to help out. Instead mailing
directly to the DAM and complaining about being ignored on -devel is not
going to help you much.

> Debian Social Contract, stating at points "We Won't Hide Problems" and
> "We Will Give Back to the Free Software Community". These are things
> we _should_ be able to demand from Debian volunteers.

Oh, so the work that allready all volunteers that work on Debian gave
back to the community is ignored by you to make it oustanding, that the
problem with the debian account for Eray is a contribution to the Free
Software Community? Sorry for the sarcasm, but your are exaggerating.
And we don't hide any problems, if you would have read the -devel and
-nm list archives, you would also know this better.

> All Eray wants to do is make Debian better than it is. The powers that
> be have kept up quite an effectual wall to his goal, seemingly for no
> reason. Why wouldn't he be upset?

Damn, because it seems like he never bothered to talk with NM frontdesk
about his problems. And since I know some people of the frontdesk
personally or had other contact with them, I know that they are quite
helpful with all occuring problems. So, he's ignoring appropriate
contacts and instead complaining loudly, which I find quite offensive
and inappropriate.

Christian
--
           Debian Developer (http://www.debian.org)