Re: holding packages

Today, The nameless One <xsdg@softhome.net> wrote:
> AFAICT, in keeping with apt-get's current command syntax, it should
> be:
> `apt-get --hold set-status perl perl-base`,
> `apt-get --hold status perl perl-base`,

I think those two are out, for there is no
apt-get --install {set-,}status perl perl-base
either, as it is already covered by apt-get install.

> or, `apt-get hold perl perl-base`.

apt-get --{toggle,on,off} hold

with default action on --toggle would be quite nice, IMHO.

> PS.  Is there any way to remove a hold using `dpkg --set-selections`?

it should work by setting the selection to "install" or "deinstall".

--
Andreas Fuchs, <asf@acm.org>, <d96001@htlwrn.ac.at>, antifuchs
Hail RMS! Hail Cthulhu! Hail Eris! All hail Discordia!