Re: holding packages

On Sun, Mar 04, 2001 at 11:43:37PM +1100, Drew Parsons wrote:
> Yes!  Precisely!  The suggested method of piping hold into dpkg is quite
> ridiculous in my opinion, when it is dpkg's responsibility to perform the
> hold.
>
> apt could have the same thing, I imagine:
>
> apt-get --set-status hold lilo pcmcia-cs
AFAICT, in keeping with apt-get's current command syntax, it should be:
`apt-get --hold set-status perl perl-base`,
`apt-get --hold status perl perl-base`, or,
`apt-get hold perl perl-base`.
	--xsdg

PS.  Is there any way to remove a hold using `dpkg --set-selections`?
/ Knowledge is like a river:  The deeper it is      \
\     the less noise it makes.                      /
/    http://xsdg.hypermart.net|xsdg@softhome.net    \