Re: Problems with testing

Hello,

On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 03:57:08PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I'm using the following /etc/apt/sources.list lines:
>
> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ woody main non-free contrib
> deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody non-US/main non-US/contrib non-US/non-free

Argh, you're fetching non-US packages from the master server - please
use a mirror near you.

I'm not sure what the problem is. Maybe apt doesn't like the trailing
slash in "debian/", also the non-us line might cause the download of
Packages.gz to fail. Another problem I encountered was that WWWOFFLE
and apt don't get along - unset the http_proxy environment variable
before starting dselect.

The following works fine for me:

deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib non-free

and

deb ftp://ftp.leo.org/pub/comp/os/unix/linux/Debian/debian testing main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.leo.org/pub/comp/os/unix/linux/Debian/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib non-free

(leo.org is located in Munich.)

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer           | CS student at the Technische | GPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net        | Universität München, Germany | 888354F7
  ¯ Ž` ¯