Re: Problems with testing

On Sat, 3 Feb 2001, Richard Atterer wrote:

> > I'm using the following /etc/apt/sources.list lines:
> >
> > deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ woody main non-free contrib
> > deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody non-US/main non-US/contrib non-US/non-free
>
> Argh, you're fetching non-US packages from the master server - please
> use a mirror near you.
For sure.  This was left only on this rubish test-box which was from days
when the mirror temporarily was unavailable.  Thanks for the hint.

> I'm not sure what the problem is. Maybe apt doesn't like the trailing
> slash in "debian/", also the non-us line might cause the download of
> Packages.gz to fail.
This is definitely not the problem.

> Another problem I encountered was that WWWOFFLE
> and apt don't get along - unset the http_proxy environment variable
> before starting dselect.
Did so (im using squid) but nothing changed.

> The following works fine for me:
>
> deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
> deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib non-free

The problem of missing perl-5.6, perl-5.6-base, ... vanishes if I'm using
unstable but this is definitely not what I wanted to do.
Even getting the files from the pool directory of the mirror doesn't help.
Most of all my installed packages seem to be unavailable.  Is there any
status file under /var/lib/dpkg which could be scrambled?

Moreover libapt-pkg2.7 is missing from testing and unstable which avoids
installing of current debconf, apt-move, ...
In which pool-directory could I find libapt-pkg ?

> deb ftp://ftp.leo.org/pub/comp/os/unix/linux/Debian/debian testing main contrib non-free
> deb ftp://ftp.leo.org/pub/comp/os/unix/linux/Debian/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib non-free
>
> (leo.org is located in Munich.)
Its completely the same result.

Kind regards

             Andreas.