Bugs about new upstream versions

<brozen@torah.org>:
> IMHO, several months is way too long. People do have a right to know that
> the new version is being worked upon, and without actually writing to the
> maintainer, they simply won't know if the maintainer has overlooked the
> new upstream, is releasing it tommorrow or in three months.

IMHO, several months is not too long, in most cases, and people have
a right not to be bugged unnecessarily about their volunteer work.
If the new upstream version fixes serious bugs or has important new
functionality, then a bug report pointing it out is reasonable earlier;
in normal cases, not.

I agree that it can be frustrating to wait for a new version, but it's
also extremely annoying to have people complain about a new version
without giving the maintainer enough time to package it.

> (P.S. I'm not subscribed to this list)

I am. Don't send a copy to me. (And since you already replied to a message
sent to the list only, I'm not going to be sending you a copy, either.)

--
Lars Wirzenius <liw@wapit.com>
Architect, Kannel WAP and SMS Gateway project, Wapit Ltd, http://www.kannel.org