Re: bugs + rant + constructive criticism (long)

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 05:23:55PM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:

> the new 'testing' distribution (sid) should be even better - nearly
> all the benefits of 'unstable' but tested to at least install properly
> without error.

Wrong: unstable->sid; testing->woody.

sid/unstable will never become 'testing' or 'frozen' or even 'stable'.

Personally, I would recommend the use of 'testing' in a production
environment, but not unstable. One doesn't always have the time to fix
problems related to the distribution itself whilst working in a
production environment.

Sven
--
# debian/rules