Re: bugs + rant + constructive criticism (long)

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 12:11:21PM -0800, Philip Brown wrote:
> > By making Reply-To: point to the list, you make these two different
> > commands do the same thing, thus depriving the user of the choice.
>
> There is NO "depriving of choice".
> If the recipient user wants to send to the original sender, there is
> nothing stopping them.

A different list that I am on does the Reply-To munging.  This means
that if I hit group-reply (when I use an MUA that doesn't understand
lists) the list will get 2 copies : 1 in the To and 1 in the CC field.
Is this really what you want?  Getting double mail on the list?  If I
try to send a private off-list reply to someone, I can't.  If I hit
reply, it goes to the list.  Sure I can type their address in the to
field, but then I have to open a new window, open the mail, find the
address in the headers, etc, etc.

You are free to use whatever MUA you want, but don't complain to the
rest of us if it is broken.

-D