rsync mirror script for pools - first pre alpha release

     > Hi, I've been asked about my rsync mirror script, which is an
     > extension from Joey Hess's one, on irc and here several times.

     > So would there be intrest in a deb of the script coming with a
     > debconf interface for configuration, cronjob or ip-up support
     > and whatever else is needed to keep an uptodate mirror.

     > Or do you all prefer to do it your own way? I don't want to
     > package something just for 2 or 3 people.

     > MfG Goswin

     > PS: Just send me a yes I want privately if you want such a
     > package.

So here it is. The script works fine, but you need to configure
/etc/debian-mirror.conf manually at the moment. Once configured it
works fine for me.

On install it will ask you about debian-mirror being run in cron.daily
via debconf and all the other option will be asked there as well in
the future.

It will create a user mirror when installed and runs as mirror:nogroup
when started from /etc/cron.daily/debian-mirror.

The package is called debian-mirror and is available from:

deb ftp://rut.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de unstable main
deb-src ftp://rut.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de unstable main

Suggestions to the script are welcome, esspecially: How do I make
debconf popup a checklist like:

| What distributions should be mirrored? |
| [ ] potato                             |
| [ ] woody                              |
| [ ] sid                                |
|   < OK>                      <CANCEL>  |

Happy testing,
        Goswin