Re: rsync mirror script for pools - first pre alpha release

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 08:13:26PM +0100, Goswin Brederlow wrote:

> Suggestions to the script are welcome, esspecially: How do I make
> debconf popup a checklist like:
>
> +----------------------------------------+
> | What distributions should be mirrored? |
> |                                        |
> | [ ] potato                             |
> | [ ] woody                              |
> | [ ] sid                                |
> |                                        |
> |   < OK>                      <CANCEL>  |
> +----------------------------------------+

Maybe I am stupid. Wouldn't it be more reasonable to ask for
> +----------------------------------------+
> | What distributions should be mirrored? |
> |     Dist.     Code Name                |
> | [ ] Stable    (potato)                 |
> | [ ] Testing   (woody)                  |
> | [ ] Unstable  (sid)                    |
> |                                        |
> |   < OK>                      <CANCEL>  |

I would like to set up our local partial mirror to run without
attendance through multiple releases. If I hard code the release
candidate name into the mirror script, wont it just break when testing
goes stable?

--
Frisco Rose             "By any other name, I would smell the same"
E.O.U. Stud.             rosef@quark.eou.edu         rosef@eou.edu

INTACT Director