Using normalize from another program [was Re: ITP: normalize]

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 01:47:00PM -0200, Eduardo Marcel Macan wrote:
> 	Normalize is a nice program that adjusts volume levels of a bunch
> of wav files, it is very useful when you want to make audio CDs from
> audio recorded from multiple sources for an example. sox provides volume
> level adjusting , but normalize presents us with an easier to use interface,
> and can adjust levels based on the average level of a set of wav files
> among other useful characteristics.
>
> 	.deb is ready and if no one objects I'll upload it as soon as I can.
>
> 	normalize home page is at:
>
> 	http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~cvaill/normalize/

Hey, this looks spiffy. I have something of a usage question though, in
regards to the 'gender' (distributed ripper/encoder) program I'm
scripting. I'd LIKE to add audio normalisation as an option, but since
ripping and encoding tasks happen concurrently and asynchronously (but
with file locking) I'm not at all sure how to handle a sane
normalisation default, or even if there IS such a beast.

-- Ferret