Re: Preparing a Proposal: 3 DD needed for every NEW package

On Sat, 29 Dec 2001 19:09:48 -0200
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > Oh, I think orphaning his packages can be a useful thing to do.  But I
> > just don't see why explicitly punting him helps.  Just make the
>
> If he did not warn us he would be MIA (all it takes is a message to -devel,
> -private, or asking someone in irc to send said email), and he has not a
> damn good excuse (being in the hospital nearly dying is a good one for not
> notifying anyone, for example), he deserves to go through the pains of
> nm.debian.org to learn to be more considerate of others.
that's exactly what I think... anyway what I meant with 'removing MIA
maintainers' was: send him a notice that he'll be removed if he won't
take care of his packages/other tasks for foo more days, if he does
not answer or tell us he's giving up his key is removed from the keyring
and etc... I don't see the point on keeping long-MIA maintainers.. after
that he has to go through nm.debian.org again.

Besides that's a good test to check if the applicant has time
and will hehehe

[]s!

--
    Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
| : :'  : + Debian BR.......: <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>+
| `. `'`  + Q: "Why did the chicken cross the road?"          +
|   `-    | A: "Upstream's decision." -- hmh                  |