Re: Preparing a Proposal: 3 DD needed for every NEW package

also sprach Alex Pennace <alex@pennace.org> [2001.12.29.1212 +0100]:
> As far as this proposal applies to free software, how does this serve
> the interests of the free software community? (See section 4 of the
> Debian Social Contract.) My opinion is this policy is an
> unneeded hurdle that needs to be negotiated for new free software
> packages, and some free software may be excluded amid cries of
> bloat. Then, I argue, we would serve only a subset of the free
> software community.

it might well provide enhanced quality, but i seriously doubt that
anyone will want to deal with the extra coordination involved. it's a
good idea, just not possible to be realized IMHO.

always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.