Re: Preparing a Proposal: 3 DD needed for every NEW package

Lenart Janos a écrit :

> As you might already have noticed Debian begun to bloat - so many
> unneeded, unused, unmaintained(!) packages.

I don't think all these packages should be swept out. Unmaintained
packages that don't have bunches of bugs shouldn't be a problem, for
example.

A better solution, IMO, would be to evaluate which packages should be
removed from the archive (and I believe there are not very much). To do
that, one could consider the orphaned packages that have important bugs,
ore more than N (define N as you like) normal bugs. A large part of them
could certainly be replaced by other (maintained) ones. Then, a
Replaces: field should be added in those packages - or maybe replaces is
too strong and we would have to add another field.

For the other ones (unmaintained, buggy, AND without replacement), the
users should be clearly informed when installing the, and maybe the
package could be removed from the archive after 2 releases.

`. `'