Re: An alarming trend (no it's not flaimbait.) (fwd)

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 03:02:48PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:

> Seems to me that we came up with a solution for this problem a while
> ago: the Debian QA team.  Right now it has eight people, and an
> overwhelming workload.  I think a QA team is the right thing here;
> presumably it can have the discussions about whether particular
> packages are so stale they should be removed.

I agree, but I was trying to get more obvious mechanisms for them to
use.

> But I suspect that eight people is nowhere near enough people.  Maybe
> I could join...  Indeed, maybe the problem would go away if everyone who
> has posted a suggestion in this thread joined the QA team and started work.

I'd be more than willing to help, but I'm not a debian developer.
(heh, anybody live in edmonton alberta?)

> Maybe we need a way to make being on the QA team a sexy job, just like
> maintaining glibc or the kernel or X is.

I HOPE that's a joke.  Mentioning the X maintainer (*cough* no names
*cough) in the same sentance as "sexy" is just wrong imnsho.

--
Adam Olsen, aka Rhamphoryncus