Re: An alarming trend (no it's not flaimbait.) (fwd)

	Ok, here is something to look at. How many NEW packages are there in
the last 2 months? How many of them could have been saved for later due to an
alternate allready existing? How many don't add a whole lot of value to debian?

	Instead of many new packages, why not make people pick up the orphaned
stuff, and find replacements or adopt packages that have been DOA upstream?

	NOTE: I haven't looked at this kind of stats before, nor do I know how
to find this kind of information. dwn used to list at least 10 to 30 NEW
things per week. and meanwhile the orphan count rose quickly...

TerraBox.com    Fingerprint: 2849 5090 D4E0 2A6C C648  A750 52F8 8504 67DB 205C