Re: Quake 2 sources GPL'd

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> I think that's rediculous. Education is not a smokescreen, and you can't
> argue that there will never be free data available for quake2 (or know
> for sure that there isn't already).

Um, can you give me an example of a package in contrib that this
argument does not apply to?  If what you are saying is a good way to
think, then we should indeed not bother having contrib at all, right?

If there *are* playable levels available for quake2 (which need
nothing in the way of non-free game data) then of course it belongs
(along with those levels) in main.